Perfect crispy oven baked bacon
Have you wondered how to make perfect crispy oven baked bacon every time? Once I share my bacon recipe with you. You will always make your bacon this way. I hate mess but I love bacon. Fortunately, I discovered a way to make perfect, crispy bacon every time with the minimum amount of preparation and cleanup. If you are on a keto, carnivore or low-carb diet, crispy oven-baked bacon is a beautiful guilt-free pleasure.
A few years ago I learned from a friend how to make the perfect bacon. We talked about how we loved our bacon crispy. She told me that on Sundays her dad would make it in the oven. Yes, in the oven. I always fried mine but I love the restaurant-style of crispy bacon. I loved how it snapped and just melt in my mouth. Yum! With many trials, I found the perfect temperature and time requirement for the perfect crispy bacon every time without fail. However, over time I have noticed that some brands seem to do better than others in my bacon trials.
This recipe is so easy. You are going to ask yourself why you didn’t think of this method yourself. Parchment paper is a necessity for crispy oven baked bacon. It is grease and moisture-resistant paper specially treated for oven use. It is very versatile and makes cleanup easy. I love using parchment paper.
Pre-heating your oven is not necessary for this delicious perfect bacon. In fact, if you do pre-heat your oven your bacon will not be so perfect. I prefer to use a cookie sheet but you can use a pan. You will need three items. Your bacon, cookie sheet, parchment paper, and paper towel. That’s it. Get ready for mouth-watering delicious oven-baked bacon every time. Ovens and bacon do vary but I bake my bacon at 400 degrees for 20 minutes max.
5 minPrep Time
20 minCook Time
25 minTotal Time
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place your bacon slices in a single layer directly on the parchment paper. Make sure not to overlap slices.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven.
- Turn the oven on and set to 400 degrees. Do not wait for the oven to preheat.
- Set your timer for 10 minutes.
- Cooking times depends on the thickness of your bacon, and how long it takes for your oven to heat. Once your oven pre-heats. Flip your bacon over. My oven takes 10 minutes to preheat.
- Now that your oven has heated it's time to watch the bacon. Stay close by.
- You should be at the 10 -11 minute mark.
- Flip it over ever 2 minutes until it is at your desired crispiness.
- When the bacon is golden brown, the bacon is done.
- Total time to cook your bacon is 16-20 minutes.
- Do not leave your bacon in the oven for more than 20 minutes. Nobody likes burned bacon.
- Place your baked bacon on a paper towel to soak up the excess grease.